Wednesday 12 February 2014

Introduction


This morning I had to throw out a pair of thongs (flip flops) that were purchased in Tokyo, Japan about six months ago from a 100-yen shop ($1 shop approx.).

There is a saying that I recently learnt “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a saving is long forgotten”. This saying doesn’t apply to this situation.

I wore those dollar pluggers all over Tokyo for two weeks of constant street walking and then for a further six months back home in Australia once I returned. Please pardon my language here, but I got a fucking bargain with these 100-yen thongs. Thanks Japan.

Why do we care Brendon? The answer is you probably don’t or shouldn’t if you do, however the sudden demise of these thongs reminded me that I should start to blog my travel diary from my time in Japan with the KWB.

KWB? Exactly.

The Kevin Windross Band, fronted by none other than Kevin Windross is one of Canberra’s premier progressive rock bands. All jokes aside for a (very brief) moment, Kevin is one of the most talented and original guitarists in Australia and dare I say the world. His playing is like a whirlwind of energy that you just can’t help but be swept up by. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I can never remember) his personality is exactly like his playing. Loud, fast and highly infectious. Thankfully (or unthankfully, I can never remember), there is but only one Kevin.

In July of 2013 I had the pleasure of playing bass with Kevin and his amazing band on the international tour. The following posts are my unpublished journal entries from that tour that have until now never read by anyone other than myself.

Hope you enjoy,

Brendon

P.S. My Mum & Dad still don’t know that I went overseas, so can I please ask the whole of the Internet community not to tell them. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment